Having the right primary care provider (PCP) is an essential part of your health. Your primary care provider is your advocate when you’re sick, need a checkup or have a health question or concern. We make it easy to find the best primary care provider for you — and to schedule appointments that fit your life.
BJC HealthCare works with Washington University physicians, BJC Medical Group, and providers across the region to deliver extraordinary care. Our family medicine and internal medicine doctors help you live your healthiest life at every age and stage. Whether you need complex management of a condition or just want to stay healthy, we can help. We focus on making your appointments convenient and productive.
You benefit from:
- Same-day sick appointments: If you’re ill, you shouldn’t have to wait to get care. Current patients can often get same-day visits for urgent medical needs with a member of their care team.
- Inclusive care: Our team includes primary care provider of various ages, ethnicities and genders, so you can find one you’re comfortable with.
- Seamless referrals: Your primary care doctor is your link to specialist care when you need it. They connect you to skilled physicians from BJC Medical Group and Washington University Physicians.
- Personalized treatment: You have unique health needs, and our physicians listen to you. We offer wellness appointments that focus on your areas of concern such as preventing diabetes, cancer or heart disease.
- Online Scheduling Making a primary care provider appointment is easy with our online scheduling. You can search for providers by your zip code and preferences.
- Virtual Care: All of our primary care providers offer virtual care, making it convenient for you to see providers from the comfort of your own home.
Primary Care Specialties & Services at BJC
Your primary care doctor is your health partner for life. You'll have access to highly experienced, knowledgeable primary care provider who focus on your needs.
- Health goalsWant to exercise more or get better sleep? Our providers provide actionable steps to help you achieve your healthiest life possible.
- Health screeningsWe take the guesswork out of health tests. Your provider helps coordinate screenings for cancer, heart disease, and other conditions.
- Illnesses and injuriesYour provider can treat urgent problems, refer you to a specialist or advise when you should go to the emergency room.
- ImmunizationsAdults need vaccines, too. We explain which vaccines will benefit your health and why, and we provide immunizations when you need them.
- Medicare Annual Wellness VisitIf you have Medicare, you may be eligible for a yearly wellness visit. During this visit, we discuss your health concerns and create a care plan if needed.
Primary Care Conditions We Treat at BJC
Our family medicine doctors, internal medicine physicians and geriatric specialists manage the full range of conditions. From common ailments to complex health issues, we’re here to care for you.
- AllergiesWe provide customized care for seasonal allergies and coordinate with an allergist for more severe cases.
- AsthmaOur providers diagnose and treat asthma, and they help you find an allergist or pulmonologist when needed.
- ArthritisThis condition occurs when there is inflammation and stiffness. It may be due to rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis or post-traumatic arthritis.
- DiabetesWe care for all types of diabetes, including type 1, type 2, gestational and rare types. You receive comprehensive care for all your health needs.
- Female healthWe treat menstrual issues, menopause symptoms and everything in between. When needed, we coordinate care with an OB/GYN.
- Heart diseaseHeart disease describes a range of issues affecting your heart. We care for narrowed blood vessels, arrhythmias, heart valve diseases and others.
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)At every visit, we screen you for high blood pressure. We prescribe medication and lifestyle changes when needed.
- InjuriesYour provider can often treat non-life-threatening injuries like sprains. For more severe injuries, we guide you to emergency or orthopedic care.
- Kidney diseaseManaging kidney disease often requires regular screenings, medications and lifestyle changes. Our providers customize a care plan for you.
- Liver diseaseLiver disease is most treatable in the early stages. We provide screenings and may coordinate your care with a hepatologist.
- Male health concernsYour provider cares for prostate health, ED and other concerns that affect males. They can refer you to a urologist when needed.
- Mental health careYour provider can diagnose and treat mild depression, anxiety and other mental health concerns and refer you to a therapist.
- Sleep disordersSleep disorders include conditions that affect sleep patterns and negatively affect your overall health.
BJC Primary Care Locations
From routine care to the most advanced treatments, we are nearby to cover your every health need. Find expert, compassionate care to help you live your healthiest life at every stage at convenient locations throughout Missouri and Illinois.