BJC HealthCare works with Washington University physicians, BJC Medical Group, and providers across the region to deliver extraordinary care. You deserve the best specialists and the latest therapies delivered with the highest quality of care. This is precisely what you’ll find at BJC.
When you to come to us for orthopedic treatment, you can expect:
- Orthopedic excellence: Our specialists have advanced training and are among the nation’s best. Their high standards enable more patients to achieve their goals. Our reputation for exceptional outcomes helps us maintain prestigious recognition from The Joint Commission and U.S. News and World Report.
- Patient-first philosophy: Your experience with us matters, which is why we take extra steps to build a relationship with you. Understanding your needs, preferences and goals leads to care that helps you to live life to the fullest. We also make it easier to fit orthopedic services into your schedule with after-hours availability for some services.
- Elite-level sports medicine: The team doctors for the NHL’s St. Louis Blues and the St. Louis CITY SC treat your concerns with the same attentiveness they give the region’s top athletes. We can help you enjoy your favorite activities without pain, even if you don’t consider yourself an athlete. Explore sports medicine.
- Connected and comprehensive care: We are a fully integrated network of specialists with facilities and clinics throughout the region. Experts collaborate early and often in your care journey for a seamless experience. We coordinate the services you need to feel better, whether non-surgical therapies, inpatient care or rehabilitation.
- Advanced therapies: We successfully treat the region’s most complex cases, including rare musculoskeletal tumors and severe orthopedic injuries. Patients also turn to us when previous treatments aren’t successful, like bones that don’t heal properly. With our team, you’ll always have options
You deserve the care you need when you need it. BJC locations are near where you live and work, making it easier to fit orthopedic services into your busy schedule. You’ll find friendly, caring professionals at each location whose sole focus is helping you feel better.
Some specialists have same-day availability for orthopedic injury care. We see patients ages 5 and older with concerns such as sprains, strains, minor dislocations and fractures. These clinics have evening hours, and some are open on Saturdays.
Orthopedics Specialties & Services at BJC
We offer you all the orthopedic specialties you need in one program. Areas of expertise include:
- Get expert care for shoulder and elbow pain. Orthopedists, physical therapists and other providers successfully treat the most complex conditions.
- Trusted foot and ankle specialists deliver personalized surgical and non-surgical therapies that provide lasting pain relief.
- We offer outstanding care for hand and wrist concerns. Experienced, highly skilled specialists deliver advanced therapies that help you feel better.
- Hip and knee specialists help you get lasting pain relief. Many people get better non-surgical therapies. We also offer repair procedures and joint replacement.
- Receive orthopedic oncology services from some of the region’s top specialists. We deliver advanced musculoskeletal tumor care, including limb salvage surgery.
- The region’s top trauma surgeons stand ready to care for people with severe musculoskeletal injuries, including tendon tears and amputations.
- We are among the region’s top physical medicine, physical therapy and rehabilitation programs with expertise and services that are not widely available.
- Sports medicine doctors, physical therapists and other specialists come together to deliver exceptional care to athletes and active people with injuries.
Orthopedics Conditions We Treat at BJC
We diagnosis and treat a range of orthopedic conditions of the foot and ankle, hand and wrist, hip and knee, and elbow and shoulder. Our orthopedists are leaders in orthopedic surgery, nonsurgical orthopedic treatments, and sports medicine.
- ACL tearAnterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) is a band of tissue that helps stabilize the knee joint. ACL tears commonly happen during sports that involve jumping or sudden stops and pivots, like basketball, soccer and skiing.
- ArthritisThis condition occurs when there is inflammation and stiffness. It may be due to rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis or post-traumatic arthritis.
- Back, spine and neck issuesThese conditions include an unusual spine curvature, slipped or herniated disks, sciatica and trauma.
- BursitisFluid-filled sacs (bursae) that cushion your muscles and tendons become swollen. It occurs when repetitive motions irritate the bursae.
- Carpal tunnel syndromeYour median nerve, which travels through the forearm and wrist, becomes compressed, causing pain, numbness and tingling in your forearm and hand.
- OsteoarthritisThis condition occurs when the cartilage that cushions the joint wears out. It's a common reason to have arthroplasty.
- Rheumatoid arthritisThis type of arthritis occurs when the immune system attacks your joints. In some people, it affects multiple joints.
- OsteochondromaThis noncancerous tumor occurs in children and young adults. It develops in long bones near growth plates, patches of tissue that support limb growth.
- OsteosarcomaThis cancer occurs in cells that support long bone development. It typically affects the arms and legs.
- Bone cystsFluid-filled sacs develop in bone tissue. Cysts are noncancerous but can weaken bone tissue, raising the risk of fracture.
- Sports injuriesThese injuries, such as sprains, strains, bursitis or tendonitis, occur in active people.
BJC Orthopedics Locations
From routine care to the most advanced treatments, we are nearby to cover your every health need. Find expert, compassionate care to help you live your healthiest life at every stage at convenient locations throughout Missouri and Illinois.
- Patient Story