BJC HealthCare works with Washington University physicians, BJC Medical Group, and providers across the region to deliver extraordinary care. You deserve the latest spine therapies delivered by trusted specialists with the highest quality of care. This is our promise to you. We accurately get to the source of your symptoms and deliver research-based treatments to lessen their impact on your life. We offer:
- National recognition: We hold ourselves to the highest standards. U.S. News & World Report recognizes us as home to a High Performing Hospital for spinal fusion surgery. Our team delivers a high volume of medically appropriate procedures and patients speak highly of their experience with us.
- Patient-first philosophy: Our team recognizes the many ways spine, neck and back issues can complicate your life and we’re here to help. Any symptoms that are bothersome to you matter to us. We listen intently as you explain your concerns enabling us to tailor services to your unique needs.
- Connected and comprehensive care: We have a fully integrated network of specialists and facilities offering you the full range of services. We collaborate throughout your care journey to adjust treatment plans as necessary. Our approach helps you receive timely therapies that lead to the best possible results.
- Advanced therapies: You’ll always have options when you seek care with us. We deliver the highest level of treatment for the region’s most complex cases, such as life-altering spinal trauma and rare tumors. You also have access to sophisticated non-surgical options like aqua therapy, massage, custom braces and spinal rehabilitation.
- Leadership: We have accredited neurosurgical and orthopedic spine fellowships through which we train the next generation of experts. Only programs such as ours, which successfully treat the most complex spine conditions, can provide this advanced training.
You receive the care you need when you need it. Our spine experts are in clinics and hospitals close to home. We see patients in as few as two business days. Some of our specialists also offer virtual visits, enabling you to receive a consultation from the comfort of home.
You’ll find knowledgeable, caring professionals at every location whose sole focus is helping you feel better. Many clinics have spine surgeons, physical medicine doctors, physical therapists and imaging services on site. These offerings help you get the most out of each visit.
Spine Specialties & Services at BJC
Areas of expertise include:
- We deliver world-class neck and back pain care. Our expertise and range of services help many people feel better without surgery.
- Internationally recognized spine experts deliver the highest level of spinal deformity care, including advanced scoliosis surgery for growing children.
- Inpatient and outpatient spinal rehabilitation helps more patients move forward with their lives after a spinal cord injury or severe spinal condition.
- We deliver the region’s highest level of spinal trauma care, including emergency surgery and rehabilitation for spinal cord injuries and broken necks and backs.
- Receive spinal tumor care from some of the nation’s most experienced specialists. Areas of expertise include chordoma, spinal meningioma and schwannoma.
- Internationally recognized experts in complex spine surgery provide exceptional care and outcomes. We deliver life-changing treatments with precision.
Spine Conditions We Treat at BJC
Whether caused by trauma, infection, or tumors, spinal injuries and spine conditions can be life-changing events. Our spine specialists offer comprehensive services for common spine conditions including:
- Round back (kyphosis)This is an unnatural outward curvature in your upper back vertebrae that creates a rounded appearance.
- SciaticaThis is a complication of other spine issues, such as a herniated disc that puts pressure on a nerve running down your legs.
- ScoliosisThis is a sideways spinal curve that often develops in childhood or adolescence.
- Spine tumorsGrowths such as Schwannomas, spinal meningiomas and chordomas occur on your vertebrae, spinal cord or its protective covering.
- Spinal stenosisNarrowing in the hollow spaces of the vertebrae through which your spinal cord passes. This puts pressure on nearby nerves.
- Traumatic injuriesOrthopedic emergencies in the upper limbs include open fractures, rotator cuff tears and dislocations.
- Herniated or ruptured discsA herniated disc is when the pocket of tissue separating your vertebrae slips out of place. With a rupture, the cushioning substance inside leaks out.
- OsteoblastomaThis noncancerous bone tumor typically occurs in the long bones of your legs and vertebrae of your lower spine.
BJC Spine Locations
From routine care to the most advanced treatments, we are nearby to cover your every health need. Find expert, compassionate care to help you live your healthiest life at every stage at convenient locations throughout Missouri and Illinois.