When you choose our care team, you have access to specialists in all aspects of vascular surgery. We treat both common and complex vascular diseases with a personalized approach. We listen to your needs, discuss your goals and provide care to help you live your life in good health.
BJC HealthCare works with Washington University physicians, BJC Medical Group, and providers across the region to deliver extraordinary care. Our vascular surgeons provide advanced treatment for all conditions affecting your blood vessels. We specialize in both open procedures and endovascular (minimally invasive) therapies. This depth and breadth of expertise means you have more treatment options for your needs.
When you choose our care team you’ll find:
- Unmatched expertise: In many areas of vascular surgery, we have experience that other centers in the region can’t match. Our surgeons are national and international leaders in aortic repair, aneurysm treatment and care for thoracic outlet syndrome.
- Minimally invasive options: Our team performs many endovascular surgeries, which treat problems inside your blood vessels using a catheter (a tiny tube inserted in an artery or vein). We resolve blockages in arteries and veins with only a small puncture. You can recover faster with less pain and downtime.
- Lifelong relationship: We take time to listen to you. By understanding your concerns and preferences, we can suggest the best treatment for you. Our goal is to give you a high quality of life, free of worrisome symptoms.
- Collaborative care: Vascular surgeons work alongside experts in cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery and other specialties to plan your treatment. You receive seamlessly coordinated care from one source.
- State-of-the-art technology: Several of our hospitals have hybrid operating rooms. These advanced facilities combine the latest imaging and surgical technology. We can perform highly complex, minimally invasive procedures with improved safety and accuracy.
We partner with vascular surgeons who participate in clinical trials to offer the latest treatments to care for any condition affecting your vascular system. We can help with anything from dangerous blood clots and aneurysms to painful varicose veins. And we can help even if you’re considered high risk or have been told you’re out of treatment options.
- AneurysmAn aneurysm is a weakened section of an artery wall. Aneurysms can rupture (burst) and lead to a stroke or death.
- Aortic diseasesAortic diseases, such as aneurysms or aortic valve stenosis, affect the main blood vessel that carries blood from your heart to your body.
- Carotid artery diseaseCarotid artery disease develops when plaque builds up in the blood vessels that supply blood to your brain. It can lead to a stroke.
- Deep venous diseaseThese diseases usually affect leg veins. Deep vein thrombosis (blood clots in leg veins) and varicose veins (bulging leg veins) are common.
- Peripheral artery diseasePeripheral artery disease is plaque buildup in the blood vessels that supply blood to your legs. It can lead to leg pain or cramps.
- Pulmonary embolismA pulmonary embolism (PE) is a blood clot (usually from your leg) that travels to your lungs. A PE can cause sudden cardiac arrest or death.
- Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)TOS is a group of rare conditions involving compression of the brachial plexus, a group of nerves and blood vessels that serves your arm and hand.