Endocrine conditions can be complex, and many require long-term care. You deserve a team that has experience and skill — and listens to your needs and concerns. Our endocrinologists are among the most experienced in the region. We care for the full range of hormonal and metabolic conditions and treat you with respect and compassion.
BJC HealthCare works with Washington University physicians, BJC Medical Group, and providers across the region to deliver extraordinary care. Our endocrinologists and nurse practitioners care for the full range of hormonal and metabolic conditions, from routine to complex.
As out patient, you benefit from:
- Leading specialists: Our endocrinologists are board-certified in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism, with the highest level of training. They are among the best in the field, with years of experience and knowledge of the most effective endocrinology treatments.
- National recognition: U.S. News and World Report consistently ranks our Endocrinology and Diabetes program among the top programs in the U.S.
- Team-based approach: We bring together various specialists to deliver comprehensive care. Our endocrinologists partner with bariatric surgeons, cardiologists, neurologists and vascular surgeons to cover all your needs.
- Advanced testing: Washington University Physicians provide a wide range of tests not routinely offered at other medical practices. We send each test to our Core Laboratory for Clinical Studies, which is a national leader in lab quality.
- Compassionate care: It can be hard to talk about conditions that affect your daily life in personal ways. Our team helps you feel comfortable discussing your health details so we can find the best treatment for you.
Our physicians are knowledgeable in the latest treatments, including new therapies not widely available. We customize your visit based on your specific diagnosis. During your visit, our team may:
Ask about symptoms and how they affect your life
Discuss your personal health history and the medications you take
Order tests to get a more detailed diagnosis, such as blood or urine tests
Recommend a treatment plan, which may include medications, procedures or lifestyle changes
If you need medications or a medical procedure, our compassionate healthcare providers walk you through each step. We answer your questions and empower you to make informed decisions.
We may work with expert colleagues in related specialties to refer you to a specialist in cardiology, neurology or vascular surgery to help prevent complications.
We provide care for any endocrine condition for life. If you need help with nutrition, a mental health concern or a new symptom, we are here to help.
We care for all types of endocrine problems, including rare diseases or complex tumors. Our partnership with Washington University School of Medicine allows us to treat the full range of hormonal and metabolic conditions. You receive expert care for:
- Adrenal disordersOur specialists diagnose and treat every type of adrenal condition, including Addison's disease, Cushing syndrome and adrenal tumors.
- Gonad (reproductive) gland conditionsBJC's specialists provide expert care for menstrual conditions, male hormonal imbalances and infertility.
- Metabolic and lipid disordersWe provide advanced treatment for conditions affecting your metabolism and lipids (fats), including high blood pressure, obesity and high cholesterol.
- Neuroendocrine tumorsNeuroendocrine tumors are rare, but they can cause serious symptoms. Our specialists have years of experience in diagnosis and treatment.
- PancreatitisTreatment for acute and chronic pancreatitis can require a range of therapies, from medication to surgery. We provide any therapy you need to get you back to feeling your best.
- Pituitary gland conditionsPituitary conditions can be complex, and our specialists diagnose and treat every type, including acromegaly and pituitary tumors.
- Thyroid diseaseWe provide comprehensive treatment for thyroid conditions and perform fine needle aspiration of thyroid growths to rule out cancerous tumors.