Our Mission and Vision
Mission. The BJC Center for Clinical Excellence is dedicated to improving patient safety and the quality of health care in all of BJC’s hospitals and care delivery sites. The Center for Clinical Excellence shares internal and external best practices across BJC HealthCare to ensure clinical excellence.
Vision. BJC is committed to best-in-class patient care, which includes pursuing the best possible outcomes for our patients with an absence of preventable harm. We promote these goals by improving our capabilities in clinical decision support, predictive analytics and health care innovation.
Our Definition of Clinical Excellence:
- Effective: providing highly reliable services based on scientific knowledge to all who could benefit, and refraining from providing services when not likely to benefit.
- Efficient: avoiding waste, including waste of equipment, supplies, ideas, and energy.
- Patient-centered: providing compassionate care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient preferences, needs, and values, and ensuring that patient values guide all clinical decisions.
- Safe: avoiding injuries to patients from the care that is intended to help them.
- Accessible and Equitable: providing patients the appropriate level of care at the time and location they prefer, regardless of their personal characteristics or socioeconomic status.