How do I sign up for MyChart?
With a MyChart account, you can access virtual care, view test results, request prescription renewals, and more. MyChart is also the primary tool BJC uses for scheduling COVID-19 vaccines. If you do not remember your username and password, call 314-273-1966 to speak to the MyChart Help Desk. If you are not registered for a MyChart account, you can register online or through email.
- Register online by visiting MyPatientChart.org and clicking "sign up now." In order to verify your identity, you will need to fill out detailed information. You must be 18 years old to register online.
- Register via email by following the auto-enrollment instructions in the email you receive during an office visit or after a hospital stay.
What are the requirements to request an on-demand virtual visit?
On-demand virtual care is available for patients who meet all the criteria below:
- Have an active MyChart account.
- Are at least 12 years old. (Adolescent patients who receive primary care at a WUCA practice are not eligible.)
- Are physically located in Missouri or Illinois.
How do I schedule an on-demand virtual visit?
On-demand visits are a great option for minor health conditions. To request an on-demand visit:
- Log into MyChart.
- Click the Virtual Care icon from a mobile device or click the Virtual Care link in the Expanded Virtual Care Options section from a PC or Mac computer.
- Select your symptom and complete the questionnaire.
- After completing the questionnaire, you will be offered the appropriate virtual care options. Options can vary, but may include an e-visit, on-demand video visit, or a scheduled video visit with your current primary care provider.
How do I schedule a video visit with my existing provider or specialist?
Scheduled video visit availability varies by specialty and office. Virtual visits with primary care physicians can be scheduled directly through MyChart and are available for those who have been seen by a BJC Medical Group Family Medicine department within the past three years. Contact your specialist’s office directly to ask if virtual care is available.
Can I reschedule my virtual visit?
Scheduled virtual visits with your BJC Medical Group primary care physician may be rescheduled directly through MyChart. To reschedule your appointment:
- Select Appointments and Visits in your MyChart account. For mobile devices, select Appointments.
- Select the virtual visit you need to reschedule.
- Select Reschedule Appointment. For mobile devices, select Reschedule or Cancel, then select Reschedule Appointment.
If you do not see the option to reschedule your appointment, call the provider’s office to reschedule.
Can I be evaluated for COVID-19 with a virtual visit?
On-demand virtual visits for COVID-19 evaluation are available for patients of all ages who have a MyChart account. Learn more about COVID testing.
To request an evaluation for COVID-19:
- Log into MyChart.
- Click the Virtual Care icon from a mobile device or click the Virtual Care link in the Expanded Virtual Care Options section from a PC or Mac computer. PC or Mac computer users who do not see the Expanded Virtual Care Options banner should select “click here” in the Coronavirus / COVID-19 Alert banner.
- Select Respiratory Symptoms / COVID-19 Evaluation.
- After completing the questionnaire, you will be offered the appropriate virtual care options. Options vary by symptom, but may include an e-visit, on-demand video visit, recommendation to visit an emergency room, or clinical instructions for further care.
Is virtual care available for patients under 18?
On-demand virtual care and scheduled virtual visits are available for patients 12-17 years old. Patients 12-17 years old with their own MyChart account can request virtual care through their account. A Telehealth Consent form, signed by an adult proxy, is required for the adolescent to participate in on-demand video visits. Users with proxy access to an adolescent’s MyChart account can also request virtual care on their behalf. Proxy access allows a caregiver or family member to access his/her personal MyChart account. Visit bjc.org/mychart to learn more about requesting proxy access.
Scheduled video visits with the adolescent’s primary care provider are available for those who have been seen by a BJC Medical Group Family Medicine department within the past two years.
E-visits are a type of virtual care that may be offered to patients requesting an on-demand visit. Patients will be instructed to answer questions and this written information is sent to the Virtual Care team, who uses this information, along with the patient’s electronic medical record (EMR), to make a diagnosis, order necessary care, and reply to the patient via the portal within several hours.
A video visit allows you to connect face-to-face with your provider or our Virtual Care team by using the camera on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. The provider will appear on your screen and you will be able to see each other and talk as if you were in the office, allowing your provider to evaluate, diagnose and treat your condition effectively.
What are the requirements for a video visit?
To participate in a video visit, access to a smartphone, tablet or computer with internet, a microphone, and a camera is required. You may also need to download an app or software to connect with your provider. After a video visit is scheduled, you will receive a link with step-by-step instructions on how to participate. View videos and instructions on how to participate in your video visit at bjc.org/gettingstarted.
What is the cost for a virtual care visit?
Costs vary between virtual care services and can depend on your type of insurance. Virtual care visits, including on-demand and scheduled visits, are typically billed at the same rate as an office visit or less.
Can medication be prescribed with a virtual care visit?
Yes. The Virtual Care team or your provider may provide a prescription, if needed.
What if further testing is needed?
Your provider will order further tests, if needed.
What happens if my issue is more serious than I think?
The Virtual Care team will look at the information you provide through a series of questions and use this information, along with your electronic medical record, to make a diagnosis and order any necessary care. If the Virtual Care team or your provider decide you need to be seen in the office, you will not be charged for the virtual care visit.
What if my physician is running late for my video visit?
The office will advise you if the provider is running behind schedule and may give you the option to reschedule.
Video visits are secure, encrypted, confidential and are HIPPA-compliant. Audio and video are not recorded during a video visit.
eCheck-In is a tool within MyChart that allows patients to electronically check-in for their video visit. This process allows patients to answer the same questions you would be asked during an in-office visit. Completing eCheck-In is required prior to your video visit and can be completed up to a week before your appointment.
eCheck-In is also available for in-office visits for patients with access to MyChart. Completing eCheck-In prior to your in-office appointment can reduce the amount of time you spend in the office prior to your appointment.