How do I sign up for MyChart?
With a MyChart account, you can access virtual care, view test results, request prescription renewals, and more. MyChart is also the primary tool BJC will use for scheduling COVID-19 vaccines. If you are not already registered for a MyChart account, call your BJC HealthCare or BJC Medical Group provider’s office to request an activation link. Follow the instructions sent in the email by the provider’s office to activate your account. If you do not remember your username and password, call 314-273-1966 to speak to the MyChart Help Desk.
Is virtual care available for patients under 18?
On-demand virtual care and scheduled virtual visits are available for patients 12-17 years old. Patients 12-17 years old with their own MyChart account can request virtual care through their account. A Telehealth Consent form, signed by an adult proxy, is required for the adolescent to participate in on-demand video visits. Users with proxy access to an adolescent’s MyChart account can also request virtual care on their behalf. Proxy access allows a caregiver or family member to access his/her personal MyChart account. Visit bjc.org/mychart to learn more about requesting proxy access.
Scheduled video visits are available for adolescents who have been seen by a BJC Medical Group Family Medicine department within the past two years.
What are the requirements to request an on-demand virtual visit?
On-demand virtual care is available for patients who meet all the criteria below:
- Have had an in-person or video visit with a BJC Medical Group practice within the past three years or have an appointment scheduled within the next six months.
- Have an active MyChart account.
- Are at least 12 years old. (Adolescent patients who receive primary care at a WUCA practice are not eligible.)
- Are physically located in Missouri or Illinois.
How do I schedule an on-demand virtual visit?
On-demand visits are a great option for minor health conditions. To request an on-demand visit:
- Log into MyChart.
- Click the Symptom Checker icon from a mobile device or click the Symptom Checker link in the Expanded Virtual Care Options section from a PC or Mac computer.
- Select your symptom and complete the questionnaire.
- After completing the questionnaire, you will be offered the appropriate virtual care options. Options vary by symptom, but may include an e-visit, on-demand video visit or a scheduled video visit with your current primary care provider.
Can I reschedule my virtual visit?
Scheduled virtual visits with your BJC Medical Group primary care physician may be rescheduled directly through MyChart. To reschedule your appointment:
- Select Appointments and Visits in your MyChart account. For mobile devices, select Appointments.
- Select the virtual visit you need to reschedule.
- Select Reschedule Appointment. For mobile devices, select Reschedule or Cancel, then select Reschedule Appointment.
If you do not see the option to reschedule your appointment, call the provider’s office to reschedule.
E-visits are a type of virtual care that may be offered to patients requesting an on-demand visit. Patients will be instructed to answer questions and this written information is sent to the Virtual Care team, who uses this information, along with the patient’s electronic medical record (EMR), to make a diagnosis, order necessary care, and reply to the patient via the portal within several hours.
Why can’t I find the InTouch Patient app on my mobile devic
InTouch is in the process of rebranding to Teladoc Health. Apple users should search and download Teladoc Health Patient in the App store to participate in a video visit. Android users are not required to download the app to participate in a video visit.
A video visit allows you to connect face-to-face with your provider or our Virtual Care team by using the camera on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. The provider will appear on your screen and you will be able to see each other and talk as if you were in the office, allowing your provider to evaluate, diagnose and treat your condition effectively.
Can I be evaluated for COVID-19 with a virtual visit?
On-demand virtual visits for COVID-19 evaluation are available for patients of all ages at no charge, although your insurance may be billed. Video visits are recommended for COVID-19 evaluation. Learn more about COVID testing. A MyChart account is required to access this service.
To request an evaluation for COVID-19:
- Log into MyChart.
- Click the Symptom Checker icon from a mobile device or click the Symptom Checker link in the Expanded Virtual Care Options section from a PC or Mac computer. PC or Mac computer users who do not see the Expanded Virtual Care Options banner should select “click here” in the Coronavirus / COVID-19 Alert banner.
- Select Respiratory Symptoms / COVID-19 Evaluation.
- After completing the questionnaire, you will be offered the appropriate virtual care options. Options vary by symptom, but may include an e-visit, on-demand video visit, recommendation to visit an emergency room or clinical instructions for further care.
How do I schedule a video visit with my existing provider or specialist?
Scheduled video visit availability varies by specialty and office. Virtual visits with primary care physicians can be scheduled directly through MyChart. Contact your specialist’s office directly to ask if virtual care is available.
What are the requirements for a video visit?
To participate in a video visit, access to a smartphone, tablet or computer with internet, a microphone, and a camera is required. You may also need to download an app or software to connect with your provider. After a video visit is scheduled, you will receive a link with step-by-step instructions on how to participate. If your provider has scheduled a Zoom video visit, visit bjc.org/gettingstarted for tips on a productive visit.
What is the cost for a virtual care visit?
Virtual care visits, including on-demand and scheduled visits, are typically billed at the same rate as an office visit or less. Contact your insurance provider to confirm.
Can medication be prescribed with a virtual care visit?
Yes. The Virtual Care team or your provider may provide a prescription, if needed.
What if further testing is needed?
Your provider will order further tests, if needed.
What happens if my issue is more serious than I think?
The Virtual Care team will look at the information you provide through a series of questions and use this information, along with your electronic medical record, to make a diagnosis and order any necessary care. If the Virtual Care team or your provider decide you need to be seen in the office, you will not be charged for the virtual care visit.
What if my physician is running late for my video visit?
The office will advise you if the provider is running behind schedule and may give you the option to reschedule.
Video visits are secure, encrypted, confidential and are HIPPA-compliant. Audio and video are not recorded during a video visit
eCheck-In is a tool within MyChart that allows patients to electronically check-in for their video visit. This process allows patients to answer the same questions you would be asked during an in-office visit. Completing eCheck-In is required prior to your video visit and can be completed up to a week before your appointment.
eCheck-In is also available for in-office visits for patients with access to MyChart. Completing eCheck-In prior to your in-office appointment can reduce the amount of time you spend in the office prior to your appointment.