BJC HealthCare is committed to improving the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve. One way we do this is by supporting organizations that support our community.
Each year, many organizations request charitable contributions for their programs, or sponsorships of galas, runs/walks, health fairs, and other community-related activities. We receive more requests than we are able to fulfill. We carefully consider each request and support those that most closely align with our mission, values, and the community’s most pressing needs.
Please read the following consideration criteria for charitable sponsorships before completing the request form.
- Applicants must be located in BJC HealthCare’s coverage area and/or directly serve individuals living in BJC HealthCare’s coverage area.
- Organization must be aligned with BJC HealthCare’s mission and core values.
- Program, event, or activity must improve the health and well-being of the people and community BJC HealthCare serves.
- We support galas, summits, forums, speaker series, films, music, books, golf tournaments, trivia nights, runs/walks, luncheons, and specific programs that support the mission of the organization.
- We do not sponsor requests to support political groups and/or organizations (e.g., political campaigns, political action committees), government entities or political organizations, conference attendance or travel, private individuals, private clubs, fraternal organizations, membership or dues, and requests from BJC Hospital Foundations.
- Individual membership by a BJC leader on a local board does not entitle an organization to a sponsorship commitment.
All charitable and marketing requests will be reviewed for the following:
- Alignment with BJC HealthCare’s mission, values, and guiding principles
- Connection to BJC’s strategic focus areas for community health improvement and/or hospital priorities identified by the Community Health Needs Assessment
- Alignment with social and economic factors that impact health, including:
- Food insecurity
- Housing instability
- Jobs/economic inequity
- Exposure to violence
- Access to technology
- Creation and/or expansion of diversity equity, and inclusion efforts
If an opportunity falls outside the scope outlined above, requests will be considered based on:
- Geographic reach/size of audience: The event/activity reaches a critical audience in BJC’s service area.
- Exclusivity: If BJC HealthCare is asked to be a major sponsor, ideally, it would be the only health care or hospital sponsor.
- Public Relations: Participation in the event presents an opportunity for BJC to demonstrate its thought leadership or highlight its support of the community.
- On-Site Involvement: There is an opportunity for on-site presence at the event.
- Value: The event/activity provides good promotional value for the dollars invested.
- Ongoing opportunities: The ability to develop an ongoing presence with the organization.
Review and Approval Process:
We ask that requests be submitted at least four months in advance to allow us time to carefully review each opportunity. Requests received less than four months in advance could be excluded from consideration.
The application submission window will be open four times each year:
January 1-20 (for requests May 1 - July 31)
April 1-20 (for requests August 1 - October 31)
July 1-20 (for requests November 1 - January 31)
October 1-20 (for requests February 1 - April 30)
A gala occurring on July 1 has an ad booklet deadline of June 1. This organization should apply during the January cycle.
A walk/run occurring on November 15 has a banner deadline of November 1, should apply in the July cycle.
Applications will not be considered outside of the designated application periods listed above. Each application will be carefully considered by an Application Review Committee.
BJC HealthCare is unable to fulfill every sponsorship request it receives, even those that fall within the criteria. Applicants will receive an email notification with the outcome of BJC’s decision.
Begin a sponsorship request application.