In service of BJC HealthCare and Washington University School of Medicine, the Healthcare Innovation Lab catalyzes care delivery innovation through research and development. We define innovation as a new idea that, when implemented, creates value.
As leaders in care delivery innovation, we fundamentally change care delivery for our patients and communities based on user need and rigorous testing.
- We champion change and foster a spirit of curiosity.
- In the pursuit of understanding, we listen openly and ensure all voices are valued.
- We create a positive environment where we collaborate, encourage, and support one another.
- We hold ourselves accountable to our mission.
Areas of Focus:
- PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS: Predictive Analytics is the use of data, both within and beyond the health system, to predict the course of a given health condition. Successful predictive analytic projects require high-quality data, advanced analytic approaches, and understanding how predictive information integrates into clinical workflows to drive better care.
- DIGITAL CARE: Digital Care is the use of digital tools to assist with care in more traditional care delivery venues, such as clinics and hospitals. For example, digital tools can help monitor a patient’s mental health, connect patients to transportation or other social services, and prove efficiencies to clinical supply chains.
- REMOTE PATIENT MONITORING: Remote Patient Monitoring programs allow for more biometric monitoring of high-risk patients in their daily lives. Monitoring programs couple information from this monitoring with communication platforms to facilitate care team connections for improved care. These programs generate enormous amounts of data, so there needs to be an effective way to manage it.
Learn more about the Healthcare Innovation Lab. Please note that our landing page is currently “under construction” and will have many more enhancements coming in the next few months.