The BJC SPECTRA (LGBTQ+) Connection group is open to all BJC lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex and asexual (LGBTQ+) team members, along with all other team members who would like to show their support. SPECTRA stands for Support, Pride, Equality, Camaraderie, Trust, Respect and Alliance. The group focuses on volunteerism and training BJC team members to better support the needs of the LGBTQ+ community.
BJC SPECTRA Connection leaders:
- Christopher Fan (he/him), director, language services, BJC HealthCare (co-lead)
- Syma Waxman (she/her), epic1 business consultant, BJC HealthCare (co-lead)
- Don Krohn (he/him), senior manager, performance improvement/project management, BJC HealthCare (Strategic Planning Liaison)
- Kimberly Bivens (she/her), office manager and revenue cycle manager, Missouri Baptist Medical Center (Community Outreach Liaison)
BJC SPECTRA Connection ambassadors:
- Steve Mapes (he/him), manager, health information management, BJC HealthCare
- Megan Gallagher (she/her), manager, process improvement/project management, supply chain PMO, BJC HealthCare
- Amy Feldt (she/her), manager, quality improvement and education, BJC Behavioral Health
BJC SPECTRA Connection executive sponsors:
- Yoany Finetti (she/her), chief nursing officer and chief operating officer, Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
- Ed Seaberg (he/him), vice president, chief technology officer, BJC HealthCare
To learn more about the BJC SPECTRA Connection Group, please email us.