Consistently rated one of America’s best children’s hospitals.
Providing inpatient and outpatient medical care across more than 50 specialty areas, the hospital offers education, wellness education and injury-prevention programs, all aimed at improving the health and lives of children.
A perennial leader across categories in U.S. News and World Report’s survey of America’s Best Children’s Hospitals, St. Louis Children’s is consistently noted for high performance across multiple specialty categories.
Providing comprehensive, high-quality care – and serving as an advocate for children – has been St. Louis Children’s commitment since our founding in 1879. Today, the hospital makes an impact across a wide swath of Missouri and well beyond, serving patients and families from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
St. Louis Children’s is the sole pediatric teaching hospital for the renowned Washington University School of Medicine. This academic partnership creates an environment in which advanced research is quickly translated into care. A top institution in the U.S. and beyond for clinical science, the WUSM Department of Pediatrics is recognized by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) as a Child Health Research Center – one of only a handful of centers nationwide with this status.
Specialties & Services
At St. Louis Children’s Hospital, we provide a comprehensive range of specialized care and services to help improve the lives of children.
- Emergency CareBJC's full-service emergency department is open 24/7. Learn about our advanced emergency services and find an emergency department location near you.
- Critical CareAn entire team of skilled experts provides compassionate critical care. You have access to multiple specialists, including via telehealth consults.
- Trauma CareIn an emergency, your care is in the hands of highly trained specialists who research and provide leading-edge treatment for critical injuries.
- Specialized CareOur wide range of clinical care programs will give you access to what you need for your health and wellbeing.
- PharmaciesOur licensed pharmacists are an integral part of our caregiving team who work to get you the medicine you need.