If isolation becomes a necessary component of care, a nurse will work with the patient to designate a loved one as the patient’s point-of-contact. The nurse will connect with this person regularly by phone throughout the patient’s treatment to provide care plan updates.
During the first care plan update call, the nurses will offer the option of setting up a schedule to visit with the patient virtually. Below are instructions on how to participate in this program.
Get the Zoom Cloud Meetings app
- For iPhone or iPad – Search “Zoom Cloud Meetings” and download from the App Store
- For android phone or tablet – Search “Zoom Cloud Meetings” and download from Google Play
- For laptop/desktop computer – Go to www.zoom.us/download
PLEASE NOTE: You must have a camera built in or attached to the device you wish to use for the virtual visit.
If you do not have a device at home to use, some hospitals have onsite, secure locations and tablets for you to use. Please let your loved one’s care team know if you would like to utilize this option.
Sign up for your own account
Open the Zoom app and sign up for your own free account by entering your date of birth (select birth year first), email address, first name, last name, and click to agree to the Terms of Service.
You will receive an email from Zoom ([email protected]). In this email, click Activate Account.
When activating your account
- Select “No” when asked “Are you creating an account for a school?”
- Create your personal password for your account
- Click “continue”
- When asked to invite colleagues – click “Skip this step”
- At this point, you can click to join a test Zoom meeting to test your microphone/speakers
When it’s time for your Virtual Visit
- To complete the virtual visit, everyone participating on the visit will need
- Access to a smartphone, iPad, tablet, laptop or desktop computer with a camera
- Internet access
- In cases where the patient does not have access to their own device, BJC will provide the patient with a tablet to use for the virtual visit. If the patient is unable to use the device on their own, a member of the care team will assist as much as necessary.
- Someone from the hospital will call the designated point of contact with the Meeting ID and Password for the virtual visit using Zoom.
- Write these numbers down and have them available when it is time to start the virtual visit
- The designated point of contact may share the meeting ID and password with other loved ones wishing to participate in the virtual visit.
- Each person participating in the virtual visit must have a Zoom account and have the app on their phone, tablet, or computer and follow the steps below.
- Log into your Zoom account
- Click Join
- Enter the Meeting ID and click Join a Meeting
- Enter the Password; click Continue
- At the Video Preview window – click Join with Video
- Each participant will get a message, “Please wait, the meeting host will let you in soon.”
- You will then be connected to the Zoom video virtual visit.
- Click Call using Internet Audio to be able hear what is being said on the visit and to talk to the patient.
Zoom Help Desk
Loved ones who are struggling with downloading Zoom or getting connected to the virtual visit may call 314-747-2594 for help. Help is available from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., 7 days a week.