Welcome to BJC’s “Workplace by Facebook!” Workplace is an engagement and communications tool that we are rolling out to team members across BJC HealthCare. We’re using Workplace to connect, engage and celebrate each other using a fun social platform that is very easy to use. In fact, if you have used Facebook in the past, you will likely already know how to use Workplace.
Once you activate your account, you will have the opportunity to connect with others, join established groups and create your own groups.
Ready to get started?
- Click the red “Getting Started” button on this page.
- Follow the prompts to set up your account, agree to the BJC Terms of Agreement, and launch Workplace! Be sure to join groups that interest you.
- Save the Workplace URL (https://bjc.facebook.com/) as a favorite to make it easy for you to go back and visit.
**Please be sure to read the Workplace guidelines below before setting up your Workplace account.
Wondering What to Post?
Workplace is about connecting, engaging and celebrating – so post accordingly! For example, celebrations of work anniversaries, information about BJC-affiliated events (e.g. United Way, HeartWalk, etc.) and photos from BJC Connections group events are great topics to post. Workplace is not a place to conduct work, post mandatory reading information or post ANY type of patient information, protected health information (PHI) or personal protected information (PPI). Additional details are included in the Q&A.
Before You Get Started, Please Note
Your posts will be monitored, so be mindful of what you post. The BJC Workplace administration and human resources teams have access to everything that is posted. Please keep that in mind, and follow the policy guidelines before posting content. If you don’t want others to know what you are posting, then don’t post it to Workplace!
As disclosed in the Workplace sign-up process, all posts must comply with BJC’s Policies. Examples of inappropriate posts include, but are not limited to, those containing harassment directed towards a specific person or department, profanity, and patient identification. Further, BJC's solicitation and distribution policy (6.05), which users acknowledges during the sign-up process, prohibits selling and distributing things such as Girl Scout cookies, Avon products, etc. or political commentary/articles.
Social media guidelines available
As social media use continues to grow, BJC corporate compliance wants all BJC employees to be aware of the policies that have been established to protect employees, patients and BJC. You can learn about the responsibilities a BJC employee has while on BJC-sponsored or personal social media sites by referring to BJC’s policy on Social Media or through an online social media course available through the BJC Institute for Learning and Development. Go to www.bjclearn.org, log into the online learning center (Saba) and search for social media.
Posting Photos and Videos
Workplace offers users the opportunity to post more than just text, but also photos and videos of events. When using these features, users are reminded of the following:
- Due to network constraints, team members SHOULD NOT live stream.
- Do not post photos or videos of patients or patient care areas.
- Do not post photos or videos of private conversations or work meetings about or referencing patients, patient care or other confidential topics.
- Users have no expectation of privacy – your photos and videos will be seen by other Workplace users, your supervisor, and BJC Workplace administrators.
- All BJC policies apply to your posts – including photos and videos.
- Limit your photos and videos to share memories from BJC-affiliated events, such as the Heart Walk.
** The Workplace Admin team will have the ability to live stream, with permission planned in advance.
Accessing Workplace Outside the BJC Network
If you would like to access Workplace on your smartphone, tablet, etc. outside the BJC network, you will need to download and install the DUO app. DUO enhances security by adding a second layer of authentication to your login. To enroll:
- Go to your app store and download the free DUO app on your smartphone or tablet; then
- Visit https://duoselfservice.carenet.org/ on your BJC computer and follow the instructions to enroll. (Individuals who are already using DUO do not have to enroll again.)
Visit our Q&A section to learn more about Workplace, including posting guidelines, setting up new groups, flagging inappropriate content, and information about social media guidelines. For more information about where you can use Workplace, please talk to your manager.
Workplace in Motion