At BJC HealthCare, children’s health services are provided by the nationally acclaimed pediatric specialists at St. Louis Children’s Hospital, affiliated with Washington University School of Medicine.
Founded in 1879, St. Louis Children’s Hospital is one of the premier children's hospitals in the United States. It serves not just the children of St. Louis, but children across the world. The hospital provides a full range of pediatric services to the St. Louis metropolitan area and a primary service region covering six states. As the pediatric teaching hospital for Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis Children’s Hospital offers nationally recognized programs for physician training and research. Children’s is consistently recognized among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S.News & World Report.
- Find the most comprehensive and advanced medical care for your child in all pediatric sub-specialties including:
- Newborn intensive care (neonatology) for problems related to premature birth, birth defects and other medical conditions
- Heart/cardiology services for the diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart disease and heart malformations, including heart transplant and ventricular assist devices
- Neurology and neurosurgery including a comprehensive cerebral palsy program, dorsal rhizotomy surgery to relieve cerebral palsy spasticity, advanced epilepsy treatment and intensive neuro-rehabilitation services
- Cancer/oncology care offering the largest comprehensive program for children with blood diseases or cancer in the region, including bone marrow and sickle cell transplantation
- Cystic fibrosis center
- Transplantation of all major organs including heart, heart-lung, kidney, liver and lung
- Orthopedics with expertise in childhood conditions such as clubfoot, hip dysplasia, scoliosis, sports injuries and other musculoskeletal problems
- Infectious disease consultation for children and adolescents
- Plastic surgery providing care for a full spectrum of congenital and acquired malformations including focused services in cleft lip/palate, craniofacial birth defects and blood vessel malformation
- Comprehensive programs in asthma and diabetes management
- Comprehensive care for infants, children and adolescents with common and complex gastrointestinal, liver, pancreatic and nutritional disorders
In addition to services on the main St. Louis Children’s Hospital campus, Children’s pediatric specialists offer emergency care and specialty outpatient care at Missouri Baptist Medical Center and Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital in west St. Louis County and Progress West Hospital in St. Charles County.
The St. Louis Children’s Specialty Care Center is a new outpatient facility in west St. Louis County focused exclusively on providing the very best care for young patients.