Welcome to GPS!
Onboarding is a practice of welcoming, educating and connecting new employees. Onboarding can help:
- Incorporate new employees into work and team processes and into an organizational culture.
- Provides new employees with the necessary tools and resources to succeed in their jobs and strong opportunities for continuous learning and collaboration.
An effective employee onboarding program:
- Helps employees contribute quickly.
- Enhances individual and group productivity.
- Fosters relationship building and networking.
- Fully transitions employees to the role, organization and culture.
As a manager, you play the most important role in the onboarding process. The relationship between new employees and managers can be the determining factor in whether the employee chooses to stay with an organization. This website provides tools, checklists and other resources to help you create a positive onboarding experience for new employees. We hope you will take advantage of this material, and we strongly urge you to take an active role in the process. Doing so will underscore your commitment to new employees, and help them quickly become engaged, committed and successful members of the BJC community.
You can access the Hiring Manager Toolkit on Saba.