BJC HealthCare has made the difficult decision to implement a “no visitor” policy starting March 23. This is a necessary part of our efforts to protect patients and staff against the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).
We recognize that in some circumstances, exceptions are needed:
- Obstetrics patients (1 visitor)
- Nursery and Neonatal Intensive Care patients (2 visitors)
- Pediatric patients – in-patient units (2 visitors)
- Patients at the end-of-life (2 visitors)
- Patients with behavioral health needs, developmental delays or altered mental status (1 visitor)
- Adult or pediatric patients with an appointment in an outpatient or procedural area, medical office or Emergency Department (1 visitor)
However, patients are encouraged to come alone whenever possible, or encourage visitors to wait in the car.
For visitors who fall within the exceptions above, please note:
- You will be required to wear a mask while in the building
- You will be screened before entering.
- Anyone experiencing signs of illness will not be allowed to visit.
- You must not have had contact with someone suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19.
- Anyone under age 16 is not permitted.
- You must wash your hands.
- You will remain with the patient at all times (no access to waiting areas, cafeterias, etc.).
- The approved visitor(s) is/are the only visitor(s) for that day.
- If you develop any symptoms, immediately notify the patient’s care team.
Please know that we recognize the importance of family and friends to our patients, and will evaluate this policy regularly. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during these extraordinary times.