Your Safety is Our Priority
To reduce the risk of exposure to patients, visitors, and staff during the COVID-19 public health emergency, Missouri Baptist has established a temporary drive-up lab. The drive-up service offers a safe alternative for at-risk and immunocompromised patients, as well as COVID-19 testing. Physician orders are required. Walk-in services continue to be available at the outpatient lab, located at the main entrance of the hospital. No appointment necessary.
- Blood draw.
- COVID-19 testing.
- Follow signage to the designated parking spaces for the drive-up lab.
- Call the phone number indicated on the signage to register over the phone.
- A representative will verify your information. Be sure to bring your driver’s license and insurance card. If your doctor has not already sent the lab order to Missouri Baptist electronically, you will also need to bring your paper lab order.
- Drive to the private, secondary collection area as instructed by representative.
- A phlebotomist will visit your vehicle to collect your sample.
- Results will be sent to your physician's office as well as posted to your MyChart account (if applicable). Most results will be completed same day or next day.
What to expect:
- The testing site is located in a private, enclosed location away from the public in order to protect your privacy.
- If you would like blood drawn from the arm closest to the car window, you will rest your arm on the car window frame for collection.
- If you would like blood drawn from the other arm, you will be asked to open the car door, bring your feet around to face the phlebotomist, and relax your arm down for collection.
- Children in car seats needing labs done should remain in their car seats. The phlebotomist will instruct you on the most comfortable way to collect a sample from your child.
Location and Hours
Missouri Baptist Medical Center
Address: 3015 N Ballas Rd, St. Louis, MO 63131
Hours: Monday — Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
No appointment necessary
Where is the drive-up site located?
Please follow the wayfinding signage posted on campus to the designated check-in spots for the drive-up lab. (These spots are in the parking lot directly across from the main entrance.) Patients will be registered at this spot and then directed to the collection site by a patient access representative over the phone. A registration is necessary to collect laboratory testing.
Should I make an appointment?
No, appointments are not taken for drive up laboratory services.
How does the drive-up process work?
There are two stops for patients visiting the drive-up lab.
- At the first location (the south cell phone lot), you will register for testing over the phone. Call the phone number indicated on the sign to register. We are currently experiencing a high volume of patients. If there is not a representative available, you will be placed in a hold queue until the next representative is available to perform the registration.
- Once the registration has been completed, you will be instructed how to proceed to the collection site for the physical specimen collection. All specimen collections require a registration – patients who erroneously bypass the registration site and present directly to the collection site will kindly be asked to register before collection is performed or redirected to the registration site.
Didn’t I already register at my physician’s office?
All laboratory testing requires a registration completed by the hospital. This is a separate registration from what occurs in the physician’s office or the registration for your scheduled surgery or other procedure.
Is the outpatient laboratory in the hospital open?
Yes, the outpatient laboratory is open for specimen collection just inside the main entrance of the hospital.
Can my physician fax orders to the lab?
Orders can be faxed to 314-996-4261. Please allow a minimum of one hour for the orders to be available. If your provider is faxing orders to the laboratory, it is strongly recommended you bring a physical copy of your order with you or allow an hour for processing of the fax.
What are the hours for the drive-up lab?
The drive-up draw site hours are 07:30am – 4:00pm Monday – Friday, and 8:00 – 12:30 Saturday and Sunday.
Can I have COVID-19 testing performed at the drive-up lab?
Due to both high demand of COVID-19 testing and the finite testing resources available, BJC has limited testing to patients meeting the following select criteria: pre-procedural testing for procedures performed at a BJC facility, BJC employees referred by occupational health, or patients who have been screened and referred by the BJC Screening tool.
At this time, in order to maintain our standard of care for current BJC patients and ensure a safe and acceptable turnaround time with limited resources, BJC does not provide testing outside of the criteria above and is not accepting outside orders for COVID-19 testing at the MoBap drive-up lab.