City shares information on delayed opening of Forest Park Pkwy west of Kingshighway
April 28, 2017 - Soil conditions around the MetroLink tracks west of Kingshighway have required additional engineering prior to constructing a bridge over the Metrolink tracks, which will run under Forest Park Parkway. As a result, the opening of Forest Park Parkway west of Kingshighway is delayed until late August.
Work on Kingshighway and Forest Park Ave. east of Kingshighway is progressing, and also should open in August. Landscaping and other improvements will continue throughout the summer.
The overall project benefits include:
- Improved access and safer navigation for patients and families when accessing the north end of the medical campus and the Central West End
- Campus beatification, including landscaped medians along Forest Park Avenue
- Improved vehicular access into Forest Park by adding new turn lanes from Kingshighway to Forest Park Parkway
- Improved walking surfaces/ADA compliance
- Safer cross walks with durable, high-visibility markings and median refuges with accessible pedestrian push-buttons