Work Begins on Barnes-Jewish Hospital’s Plaza Entry
Drop off and Valet Area Reduced by Half
June 2022 - Campus Renewal contractors have closed a section of the patient drop off/valet lanes east of the Barnes-Jewish Hospital street level entrance to reconfigure and expand the entry lanes (see map and photo). This work will continue through early 2023 and has the following impacts:
- Patient drop off and valet service will be condensed to a much smaller area, from the street level hospital entrance to the west.
- The patient shuttle also will use this area for drop off.
- The entrance to the garage will not be affected.
- Services provided by the Heart and Vascular Resource Center on the street level have relocated to the Heart & Vascular inpatient floors. A new location will open in late 2024 servicing all those being admitted to the new bed tower, will receive a new prominent location for expanded services to welcome and educate patients and their families.
Team member/physician impact
- Because the area for drop off and valet area will be much smaller and congested, it will be reserved for patient and visitor vehicles only.
- Team members can be dropped off/picked up on Clayton Ave. at the Team Member entrance to the Plaza Garage (see map). It’s a short walk through the garage to the bridge over Barnes Jewish Plaza.
- Team members and physicians who use Kingshighway and Barnes Jewish Plaza to park in the Plaza Garage are encouraged to use the Boyle Ave. and Tower Grove ramps, one exit east of Kingshighway, and take Clayton Ave.
The 3+ year Plaza Entry Project will include a complete transformation along Barnes Jewish Plaza, including a new lobby in the garage and pedestrian bridge, new and expanded drop off, and renovated and expanded street and main level lobbies. Exterior work starts in June, followed by interior work next year. Read more about the Plaza Entry Project here, and see videos, renderings and photos.