Watch the Campus Renewal Project live - from demolition through construction - as Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis Children's Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine embark on a long-term project to renew the medical center campus.
- The Washington University Medical Center will reflect the clinical excellence of one of the nation’s leading academic medical centers. Building architecture and public spaces will work together to achieve a distinctive sense of place.
- The Washington University Medical Center will be transformed into a coherent whole, while preserving hospital and medical school identities, planned in collaboration with surrounding institutions and neighborhoods
- Patients and their families, visitors, and staff will have a safe and intuitive path for arrival, parking, way-finding, and departure.
- Interior and exterior spaces will be designed to promote patient safety and provide a supportive environment for physicians, nurses and staff.
- Clinical services will be innovative, patient-centered and organized to create an ideal patient and family experience and optimal clinical outcome
- Clinical workflow will be efficient and cost-effective through the application of lean-six sigma techniques to define best practice and standardize processes
- Information technology will be ubiquitous and unobtrusive to our caregivers, and readily accessible by our patients and their families.
- Materials and supplies will flow smoothly and without interruption, and at the lowest operating costs possible.
- Facilities will incorporate today’s most advanced thinking in healthcare design and sustainability, while providing flexibility for programmatic growth, new technologies and future models of care.
- Investments in facilities will demonstrate wise stew Investments in facilities will demonstrate wise stewardship of funds, taking full advantage of opportunities to reduce costs through standardization, shared resources and institutional collaboration.