Watch the Campus Renewal Project live - from demolition through construction - as Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis Children's Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine embark on a long-term project to renew the medical center campus.
- The Washington University Medical Center will reflect the clinical excellence of one of the nation’s leading academic medical centers. Building architecture and public spaces will work together to achieve a distinctive sense of place.
- The Washington University Medical Center will be transformed into a coherent whole, while preserving hospital and medical school identities, planned in collaboration with surrounding institutions and neighborhoods
- Patients and their families, visitors, and staff will have a safe and intuitive path for arrival, parking, way-finding, and departure.
- Interior and exterior spaces will be designed to promote patient safety and provide a supportive environment for physicians, nurses and staff.
- Clinical services will be innovative, patient-centered and organized to create an ideal patient and family experience and optimal clinical outcome
- Clinical workflow will be efficient and cost-effective through the application of lean-six sigma techniques to define best practice and standardize processes
- Information technology will be ubiquitous and unobtrusive to our caregivers, and readily accessible by our patients and their families.
- Materials and supplies will flow smoothly and without interruption, and at the lowest operating costs possible.
- Facilities will incorporate today’s most advanced thinking in healthcare design and sustainability, while providing flexibility for programmatic growth, new technologies and future models of care.
- Investments in facilities will demonstrate wise stewardship of funds, taking full advantage of opportunities to reduce costs through standardization, shared resources and institutional collaboration.