Packing for your department move is also an important time to purge. Please take time to PURGE before you pack.
- Review your hospital or department’s policy for document retention – if you don’t need to keep it, please recycle or shred it!
- Review the storage you will have for files, books, decorations, training materials, etc in your new space.
- Ask your activation lead to review furniture with you if you are unsure of what will be available.
- If there are items you do not want to keep and move, mark them to be repurposed or disposed of (trash, recycling, shred).
- Clinical Asset Management will take furniture, equipment, etc for the Asset Recovery Program for broader BJC use or donations.
Quality Install will be moving a significant number of items into the new hospital. Boxes and packing labels will be distributed 1-2 weeks before your move.
Quality Install has provided the following documents with helpful instructions and a checklist, which you can print.