BJC Employees Can "Try the Y" for FREE March May 18-31
YMCA of Greater St. Louis joining fee is waived and the first full month is free for BJC employees who join during the two-week Try the Y period.
For information about joining the YMCA or about specific branches, visit the YMCA website or call 314.436.1177. For information about facilities in Illinois, call 618.233.9485, or in mid-Missouri, call 573.761.9000.
Thanks to BJC’s “Help for Your Health” partnership with the YMCA of Greater St. Louis, all BJC employees and their families can enjoy a two-week trial membership at any branch of the YMCA for free May 18-31. Employees who join the YMCA of Greater St. Louis during the trial period will pay no joining fee and receive the first full month free.
To "Try the Y" present your employee identification badge or paycheck stub at your neighborhood Y for your two-week trial membership for the family.
The two-week “Try the Y” opportunity applies to both Metro St. Louis and Southwest Illinois facilities. Monthly joining and membership fees vary depending on the amenities at various locations. A Metro membership provides access to all 18 YMCAs in the Greater St. Louis area.
Y membership includes free access to the entire facility and free services, including:
- Mini-fitness assessments
- Fitness Center orientation
- Y Personal Fitness, which matches each member with a personal fitness coach for 12 structured and personalized weeks of designing and following a successful program
- Free-weight area orientation
- Gym facilities
- Weight training
- Special family fun nights
- Open gym and swim times
The Y also offers support programs such as:
- Nursery service
- Child care
- Nutrition services
- Individualized wellness programs
Members also get reduced rates on classes, personal training, and stays at the Y's Trout Lodge and Camp Lakewood in Potosi, Missouri.
Need Financial Assistance?
No one is turned away from the YMCA of St. Louis because of an inability to pay. Financial scholarships are available at all branches, thanks to the generous support of those who give to the annual YMCA Strong Community Campaign. Applications for assistance are available at any branch service center or the YMCA website.
Try the Y
Try the Y is a free trial period when any BJC employee can participate in activities at and use the facilities of any participating Y. Any employee who joins a participating Y during the trial period could join paying a reduced joining fee of $25. Try the Y has been offered:
- September 13 through September 26, 2004
- February 21 through March 6, 2005
- July 10 through 24, 2005
- January 9 through 22, 2006
- April 3 through 16, 2006
- August 7 through 20, 2006
- Seven visits October 1 through 31, 2006
- April 9 through may 7, 2007
- July 2 through 6, 2007
- October 8 through November 5, 2007
- December 24, 2007, through January 24, 2008
- April 21 through May 21, 2008
- Seven visits September 8 through 30, 2008
- July 21 through August 1, 2009
- September 14 through 27, 2009
- November 30 through December 13, 2009
- March 22 through April 4, 2010
- June 14 through 27, 2010
- September 13 through 27, 2010
- November 22 through December 6, 2010
- May 16 through May 29, 2011
- September 19 through October 2, 2011
- November 21 through December 4, 2011
- March 19 through April 1, 2012
- May 21 through June 3, 2012
- September 17 through September 30, 2012
- November 19 through December 2, 2012
The Y sponsorship is designed to complement the services of BJC's WellAware Centers. A BJC employee survey showed that some employees not located near WellAware Centers were seeking affordable fitness opportunities.